I hope you all had a good start into the sailing season of 2011. As you know it is the year of the 50th Vaurien World Championship, which will be sailed on Lake Dümmer in Germany from July 30 till August 5. I would like to invite you all to join us in this race to have great regatta and a great celebration of this anniversary.
I want to give you a few information about this event.
- First of all, the official event website can be found at
Although it is still a bit rough, it will become more and more updated as the event approaches.
- Most important for you at this time most propably is the accomodation. For all campers, e.g. tents and caravans, we have reserved the camping ground next to the club.for the competitors and accompanying persons. The camping ground will be arranged so that all nations can put their tents togehter. Therefore it is necessary to state the number of accomanying persons and your arrival date during the registration. The price is fixed to 5 € per person and day. An additional reservation for camping is not necessary.
For those who want to stay in a hotel or cottage or similar, please contact the tourist information of the City of Lembruch at
- The supporting program includes the opening and closing ceremony, a midweek party, a „german evening“ with soccer, BBQ and beer and many touristic events during the day for non-sailors!
- For each nation, a maximum of 10 senior teams is allowed, while juniours and female crews are unlimited. Please note that additional senior crews may be requested from the International Vaurien Class Association (president: firstname.lastname@example.org). At the moment, the rough estimation of participants is as follows:
We can get more than this, can’t we???
- Important detail: Motor boats are allowed only with electric motors.
So much for now, more information will follow.
If you have an questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact me: email@example.com
Vive le Vaurien.
PS: For those who want to get an impression of the lake: We have a regatta on Lake Dümmer on May 14/15, which you can participate in. See www.wg-duemmer.de or ask me, if you need more information.